About The Anchor
The Anchor: Supporting kids through separation was developed by UnitingCare Unifam Mediation & Counselling to assist children and young people, their parents and their support system during and after separation.
The Anchor is funded by the Attorney-General's Department.
UnitingCare Unifam Mediation & Counselling is a member of UnitingCare Children, Young People & Families; a service group of UnitingCare NSW.ACT.
The Anchor provides:
- counselling for children and young people
- therapeutic groups for children and young people to share their experiences with others who understand
- Child Consultation so that children's experiences are understood and their needs are considered when their parents are in Mediation (Family Dispute Resolution), Counselling or in a Parenting Orders Program (Keeping Contact)
- seminars for parents
- seminars for professionals
- consultation to other professionals, e.g. teachers, school counsellors, Independent Children’s Lawyers.
The Anchor is based in Sydney, Wollongong, Newcastle and the Central Coast. For further information about these services please contact us.